Chiropractors treat a wide variety of health problems related to an abnormally functioning nervous system. While these conditions are too numerous to list, some of the more common health complaints are:
- Neck and pain – A common condition often related to a structural problem with the spine. Stiffness, grinding, clicking and pain are not normal and warrant investigation by a qualified chiropractor.
- Headaches – Biomechanical restrictions of the neck are a common cause of many types of headaches, including migraine. The neurological effects often cause recurring headaches.
- Whiplash – Also known as acceleration/deceleration injuries, whiplash can cause serious damage to spinal joints and supporting soft tissue structures. Early correction can prevent future symptoms such as neck pain, headaches, arm pain, and dizziness.
- Low Back Pain – It is estimated that up to 80% of the population will experience an acute episode in their lifetime. The latest research shows that specific spinal manipulative therapy is the most effective form of treatment for low back pain.
- Disc Injuries – Discs can bulge, herniate, or rupture due to trauma, improper lifting or other injuries. This causes the soft pulpy centre of the disc to protrude through the disc wall. Conservative gentle Chiropractic care has been shown to be effective on these conditions.Tingling in the limbs can be a sign of disc bulge and needs to be treated.
- Sports Injuries – Spinal injuries can restrict range of motion, reduce strength, slow reflexes, shorten endurance and decrease performance. Professional sports teams, Olympic and competitive athletes use Chiropractic care to get results.
- Sciatica – Sciatica is a severe pain in the leg caused by compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve. Once traced back to the spine, Chiropractic care can alleviate symptoms provided the body is allowed sufficient time to heal.
- Scoliosis – The sideways or lateral curvature or rotation of the spine, often for no known cause. Early detection and appropriate care can really help.